Job Title: Wine Auction – Summer Assistant
Reports To: Special Events for Fundraising Manager – Christine Davis-Jeffers
Purpose: Increases administrative capacity of The Center to insure smooth execution of the Sun Valley Wine Auction in July.
The work of the Wine Auction Summer Intern includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Make calls to order supplies, track down information, touch base with various vendors and participants as directed
- Assist with the preparation and mailing of invitations to associated events
- Produce correspondence to registered guests confirming their registration choices
- Inspect and organize inventories of event equipment and supplies that are in storage
- Answer phones, return calls and direct inquiries to proper Center staff person
- Data entry and reporting using The Center’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Run errands in support of all Center events
- Organize materials and documents for event registration
- Organize certificates and other materials for Auction Lot purchases
- Assist patrons with claiming and shipping their auction items at auction lot pick-up
- Assist with event production and décor as needed
- Assume primary responsibility for the invitation mailing, set-up and production of the event known as the “pig roast” which happens Wednesday before the main Wine Auction events
- Transport items to venues
- Play a primary role in post-event clean-up and organization of left over items, wine, auction lots etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position will interface with the following groups outside the department:
- Fundraising and Special Events Staff
- Patrons of the event
Wine Auction: 90%
Program Support: 10%
May through August
Generally 9 – 5, Monday through Friday with necessary adjustments for weekends and evenings as required. This is a seasonal, full time, non-exempt position eligible for overtime when more than 40 hours are worked in a week. Work requires the flexibility to work nights and weekends according to the Center’s calendar of programs and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work regularly requiring sedentary activity using a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Work requiring moderate physical effort including, but not limited to: walking and/or brisk walking, lifting 10-30 lbs, climbing/descending steps, climbing/descending ladders
- Administrative, office and customer service experience
- Ability to stay organized and focused on multiple, diverse tasks and deadlines given frequent interruptions
- Ability to stay calm and productive in stressful situations
- Desire to work as a member of a large team to execute a very complex event
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- User knowledge of the Internet
- An interest in the arts and enthusiasm for the public is essential
- Valid Driver’s License
Application Deadline: Open until position filled
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box 656, Sun Valley, ID 83353 Attn: Special Events for Fundraising Manager