About Visual Arts
The Sun Valley Center for the Arts is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Just 5% of all museums in the US (including four other museums in Idaho) earn AAM accreditation.
The Center’s Visual Arts Department creates opportunities for residents of and visitors to the Wood River Valley to engage with high-quality contemporary and historic artwork with relevance to ideas and issues of our time. Curated by The Center’s staff, our exhibitions explore ideas of importance to the community, the region and the nation.
We do this through:
- Five to six visual arts exhibitions a year featuring artwork by nationally and internationally known artists
- Outdoor installation projects
- Commissioned, site-specific installations in our museum
- Monthly evening exhibition tours with curators and gallery guides
- Participation in Sun Valley Gallery Association’s monthly gallery walks
- Exhibition brochures and interpretive materials that offer visitors deeper insights into the work on display