About the Sun Valley Center for the Arts
The Sun Valley Center For The Arts’ mission is to enrich our community through transformative arts and educational experiences.
We fulfill our purpose by offering high quality programming in a variety of disciplines. Often theatre, music, the visual arts and humanities come together to explore an idea or theme that is relevant to our time. This unique, multidisciplinary approach to arts education allows us to present some of the world’s most interesting artists, musicians, authors, filmmakers, and playwrights. With equal emphasis on the visual arts, the performing arts and the humanities, The Center has made a commitment to exploring issues from the perspectives of each of these three disciplines.
We care deeply about arts education and are committed to partnering with local schools to bring artists and authors, musicians and playwrights into the schools. The Center’s outreach programs supplement the school curriculum with in-school classes and workshops, visiting artists, school tours of our exhibitions and professional development opportunities for area educators. Learn about our core values, commitment, and programming.
Your Support Makes A Difference.
- Last year we served 9,131 student participants
- School exhibition tours increased 169% in the last four years
- Last year 41,043 attendees at Center events
- Last year we offered 337 programs and over 68% were free
- In 2015, over $52,000 in scholarship money was awarded to 39 Blaine County students and teachers to pursue the arts. Since its inception in 1998, The Center’s scholarship program has awarded over $750,000 in scholarships.