The Wine Auction—The Center’s annual fundraising event— takes place the second to last weekend in July and provides up to 50 percent of The Center’s yearly operating budget. More than 200 volunteers are needed to make the event successful, and there are many ways to get involved!
- Tent Decoration – Help transform the tent into something spectacular! This could include moving chairs, climbing ladders, folding napkins, arranging flowers and setting tables.
- Registration – Welcome patrons, distribute guest packets and answer general questions about The Center and Wine Auction events.
- Fly fishing – Volunteers with fly fishing experience are needed to take Vintners fishing on the Big Wood.
Friday Auction Gala:
- Presenter – Here’s your chance to get dressed up and show off gorgeous bottles of wine. This job involves lifting bottles, walking through the crowd and getting up on stage at the Auction!
- Wine Stewards – Stewards are responsible for serving wine to Gala attendees. Some knowledge of and/or interest in wine is preferred. Please note that training for this position is required. The Center will offer Wine Steward classes and volunteers must attend 1-2 hours of training prior to the Gala.
- Trade Tasting – Volunteers will rotate between various jobs such as setting up for the event (moving tables and boxes), taking tickets, distributing wine glasses and aprons, refilling water jugs, dumping spit buckets, and cleaning up.
- Vine & Dine – There are many volunteer jobs at the Vine & Dine including distributing wine glasses, serving food, taking tickets, pouring wine, picking up trash and helping with recycling.