The Sun Valley Center for the Arts is looking for a dedicated, passionate individual to join our team from March to September, 2017. The role of the Summer Events Assistant is to assist with the coordination and logistics of the Center’s annual fundraiser, the Wine Auction, providing administrative support to ensure a smooth execution of the event. This is a hands-on position, requiring flexibility, organizational skills and an interest in event planning. The Summer Events Assistant also acts as a support for the Center’s Arts & Crafts Festival and Summer Concert Series.
The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office and be available for weekend and evening work.
Send resume and letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company of Fools’ Technical Director (TD) is a true hybrid position. The TD is responsible for achieving COF’s artistic goals in collaboration with the Production Manager (PM) and other staff, providing technical leadership for COF, serving as master stage carpenter and scenic artist, master electrician, frequent scenic designer, and facilities manager for The Liberty Theatre. The TD approves preliminary set designs in accordance with COF’s technical capabilities and budget, and works closely with the PM to supervise, maintain, monitor and report detailed schedules of design, set construction and execution. The TD also serves as scenic designer for at least half of COF’s productions each season. The TD oversees the technical needs of theatre rentals, manages the maintenance of The Liberty Theatre, and serves as technical support for some Sun Valley Center for the Arts’ events.
Must have a passion for theatre’s relationship to community; minimum three years of experience in technical theatre; proficiency in Vectorworks/CAD, carpentry, welding, rigging and electrics (hang and focus), with an emphasis on quality of execution and safety; and the ability to manage individuals and teams in a dynamic work environment. COF and The Center are equal opportunity employers; applicants of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Include “Company of Fools Technical Director” in the subject line.
Company of Fools is seeking an individual with considerable administrative and management talent, passion for the theatre, a belief in arts-in-education, and a proven ability to advance institutional aims. We welcome applications from non-profit and business leaders, theatre directors, designers, actors, development professionals and arts managers
The Company of Fools Managing Director will manage the day-to-day administrative, business and development operations of a busy theatre and, in collaboration with the COF Artistic Director, will produce exemplary theatre experiences that are in keeping with The Center and COF missions and in service to this community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver COF artistic season with emphasis on fundraising, finance, organizational structure, and operations in support of The Center’s mission and vision
- Develop and manage COF annual budget
- Direct management and administrative tasks to support COF artistic program including supervision of COF Company Manager and working with Center marketing, box office and development staff
- Participate in COF and Center institutional planning around branding, audience development, community relations and strategic planning
- Assist in season development and directing productions, if appropriate to candidate’s experience and interests
- Contract with playwrights, directors, actors and set, light and costume designer’s according to industry and equity standards
- Cultivate patron relationships and work with development department to identify funding sources
- Represent the theatre and its mission at industry and public events
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Company of Fools Managing Director” in the subject line.