Company of Fools is seeking an individual with considerable administrative and management talent, passion for the theatre, a belief in arts-in-education, and a proven ability to advance institutional aims. We welcome applications from non-profit and business leaders, theatre directors, designers, actors, development professionals and arts managers
The Company of Fools Managing Director will manage the day-to-day administrative, business and development operations of a busy theatre and, in collaboration with the COF Artistic Director, will produce exemplary theatre experiences that are in keeping with The Center and COF missions and in service to this community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver COF artistic season with emphasis on fundraising, finance, organizational structure, and operations in support of The Center’s mission and vision
- Develop and manage COF annual budget
- Direct management and administrative tasks to support COF artistic program including supervision of COF Company Manager and working with Center marketing, box office and development staff
- Participate in COF and Center institutional planning around branding, audience development, community relations and strategic planning
- Assist in season development and directing productions, if appropriate to candidate’s experience and interests
- Contract with playwrights, directors, actors and set, light and costume designer’s according to industry and equity standards
- Cultivate patron relationships and work with development department to identify funding sources
- Represent the theatre and its mission at industry and public events
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. Include “Company of Fools Managing Director” in the subject line.