Wine Auction Volunteer Opportunities
The Wine Auction—The Center’s most important annual fundraising event—takes place the second to last weekend in July and provides up to 50 percent of The Center’s yearly operating budget. More than 200 volunteers are needed to make the event successful, and there are many ways to get involved!
- Tent Decoration – Help transform the tent into something spectacular! This could include moving chairs, climbing ladders, folding napkins, arranging flowers and setting tables.
- Registration – Welcome patrons, distribute guest packets and answer general questions about The Center and Wine Auction events.
Friday Auction Gala:
- Silent Auction Attendees – Interact with the patrons to promote engagement and bidding on the silent auction items that include fabulous wine packages, trips and adventures. Assist patrons with getting set up on Text2Bid and answer questions throughout the evening until the silent auction closes at the end of the live auction.
- Wine Stewards – Stewards are responsible for serving wine to Gala attendees. Some knowledge of and/or interest in wine is preferred. Please note that training for this position is required. The Center will offer Wine Steward classes and volunteers must attend 1-2 hours of training prior to the Gala.
- Trade Tasting – Volunteers will rotate between various jobs such as setting up for the event (moving tables and boxes), taking tickets, distributing wine glasses and aprons, refilling water jugs, dumping spit buckets, and cleaning up.
- Vine & Dine – There are many volunteer jobs at Vine & Dine including distributing wine glasses, serving food, taking tickets, pouring wine, picking up trash and helping with recycling.